(February 25th-26th, 2023)
Portiuncula Center for Prayer
Who can go on a Quest Retreat?
- Participants/Retreatants: Freshman & Sophomores. 1 night/ 2 day Retreat, Sat. AM- Sun. PM
- Leaders: Past Participants OR Sophomores approved by YM. There are 3 Mandatory Leader Meetings before the actual retreat, MUST ATTEND or will be dismissed as a Leader. 2 nights/ 2.5 days Retreat, Frid. PM- Sun. PM (Students must fill out a Leader Application to qualify, not all that apply are accepted.)
- Leader Meetings/Dates TBD:
- 1.) 1/15/23 12pm-12:45pm: Pick "Talks" & Leadership Roles (Youth Group room)
- 2.) 2/5/23- 4:00pm-7:30pm: Practice Talks/ Go over retreat Itinerary/ Rules 3.5 hr. meeting (Youth Group room)
- 3.) 2/19/23- Team Building event/final planning 2 hrs. (Youth Group Room)
What is Quest?
- Quest is a two-day retreat for students in high school. On Quest, you will learn more about yourself, your relationships with family/friends, and your relationship with God. Quest includes group discussions, games, prayer, and talks where teens and sometimes young adults share their lives. Teens stay overnight at Retreat Center along with Adult Chaperones.
Policies to abide by:
- NOTE: STRICT PHONE POLICY!!!Phones will not be utilized at all & placed in a tub at the beginning of the retreat and given back at the end of the retreat. Students caught with any such devices, Parents will be contacted immediately & the parent will come pick up their child/ removed from the retreat center. It's best to explain this to your child ahead of time so there are No surprises! Youth that try to give fake phones or set an alarm will also be removed from the retreat house. Best to leave phones at home to receive the best outcome from the retreat. Parents will be able to get a hold of their child through the Youth Minister for emergency situations & or check-ins at anytime.
- Parents of Retreatants MUST JOIN: The Remind APP for all communications the code is @quest
- Chaperones: When considering to be a Chaperone we appreciate your commitment as a Chaperone greatly! Please be considerate of not cancelling last minute as we depend on your help, we understand emergency's arise but without Chaperones Quest can't happen.
- You must:
- 1.) Login & create a Virtus Account online,
- 2.) Take Protecting God's Children online course
- 3.) Do the Back Ground Check
- 4.) Take the Mandated Reporter course
What Will It Be Like?
- Quest starts when retreatants/participants leave MBVM Parish Offices/school parking lot at 8:30am on Saturday and ends when they are dropped back off at the MBVM Parish Offices/school parking lot at approx. 7:00pm Sunday .
- Leaders will leave Friday, mid afternoon with Youth Minister-Carrie Rink
What to Bring?
- Everyone is allowed to bring one bag/backpack size bag, Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, deodorant. etc), T-shirts/shorts/sweatpants type attire for 2 days, No short shorts, no belly shirts. Swim suit for on site pool/beach towel, (athletic wear is best.). Slippers/heavy duty socks (NO shoes inside), A Re-usable water bottle & a Snack to share with the group. (Bath Towels are provided)
What is the COST? (Cost helps pay for the transportation/bus, Lodging & Food)
- Retreatants - $125.00 (Please make payment when registering) Deadline to register is
- Leaders - $125.00 (Payment will be accepted once your Actual Application is approved & Leader form is filled out, so your forms are a 2 step process) Deadline to Register is
How to sign up:
- LEADERS APPLICATION ONLY: CLICK HERE (Once Leader application is approved by Youth Minster, you will then Register below)
- REGISTRATION: for Both Leaders & Retreatants - CLICK HERE
- Pay Online/Debit or Credit Card: for both Leaders & Retreatants - CLICK HERE
- Adult Chaperone Form: CLICK HERE
- Adult Driver Form: CLICK HERE
Payment accepted via credit/debit card OR submit a check made payable to: Maternity BVM Catholic Church Youth Group- 308 E. Marsile St., Bourbonnais, IL 60914
(Financial assistance available, please contact Carrie Rink, We don't want anyone to not attend because of finance).
For more information call or text Carrie Rink at (815) 933-8285 ext. 335 or [email protected]