There are several ways to donate to Maternity BVM Catholic Church
1. Cash or Check: You can opt to receive envelopes which will be mailed to your home quarterly. You can place cash or check into your personalized envelopes each week or month and drop it off in the collection in church, or mail to: Maternity BVM Catholic Church 308 E. Marsile St., Bourbonnais, IL 60914.
2. Online Giving: This option gives you the opportunity to make a one-time donation, or a reoccurring donation by debit or credit card. To give online click here.
3. ACH: For your convenience, Maternity BVM offers automatic deposits for the Sunday Collection
As a participant, your donation/payment is automatically transferred from your bank account (either checking or savings) directly to the parish account on or about the 15th of each month, thereby eliminating the need for envelopes and checks or cash.
With this program there is no cost to you and printing and mailing expenses are reduced for the parish. If choosing Automatic deduction for the Sunday Collection, you will still receive envelopes for "special" collections every 3 months.
All "New Authorizations" need to be submitted by the 1st of the month in order to be deducted by the 15th.
Please note that this automatic transfer is done on a monthly basis. If you currently give on a weekly basis, you will need to make the necessary conversion when filling out this form.
If you wish to enroll, please
Place in an envelope.
- You will need the following information when completing the form:
drop off the form into the Sunday Collection Basket,
drop off at the parish office or
mail the completed form to: Maternity BVM Catholic Church, Attn: Cassandra McCullough, 308 E. Marsile St., Bourbonnais, IL 60914
4. Gift of Stock
A gift of stock is an excellent way to support the programs and ministries of our parish. If the stock has appreciated in value, your gift may now be worth significantly more than your initial cost, and in most cases you will be able to avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation. It’s really simple to make a gift of stock to Maternity BVM. To donate a gift of stock, click here for step-by-step instructions.
5. Gift via IRA
A special opportunity for those 70 1/2 years old and older. You can give any amount (up to a maximum of $100,000) per year from your IRA- directly to a qualified charity such as Maternity BVM without having to pay income taxes on the money. Gifts of any value $100,000 or less are eligible for this benefit and you can feel good knowing that you are making a difference at Maternity. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
Why consider this gift?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- Beginning in the year you turn 72, you can use your gift to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD).
- Your pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- Since the gift doesn't count as income, it can reduce your annual income level. This may help lower your Medicare premiums and decrease the amount of Social Security that is subject to tax.
Click here for more information
- Use our tool to Take Action! Give from Your IRA to connect to your retirement provider.
- Contact Jane Lagger at (815) 221-6190 or email [email protected] to discuss using your IRA to support Maternity BVM.
- See the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- To include the Diocese in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID. Please let us know of your gift (many retirement providers assume no responsibility for letting nonprofits know of your intentions so your goals won't be honored).
Legal Name: Maternity BVM Church
Legal Address: 308 E. Marsile St.
Federal tax ID number: FEIN 36-2170150
6. Including the Parish in your will
We’ve partnered with FreeWill to make planned giving easier than ever. Click here to write a legal will at no personal cost, and include the necessary language to support the Diocese with a gift in your plans.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the parish office at 815-933-8285 ext. 340
or email [email protected]