CAMP M*O*S*H 2023
Sunday July 9th - Friday July 14th
Maternity Outreach Service for Humanity
All Youth & Adult Volunteers please Join the Remind app on your smart phone. Text 81010 code: @cmpMosh
- Committee Meetings are 6pm-7pm: Jan. 25th, Feb.15th, March 15th, April 17th, May 9th, May 23rd, June 7th, June 13th, June 20th, June 27th, July 5th, July 6th, July 7th
- Project Manager Meetings are 7-8pm: Same date as Committee Meetings above.
What is Camp M*O*S*H?
- Camp MOSH is a 6 day camp where volunteers throughout the community gather together to give a helping hand to those in need. A sense of community is built by providing support for our neighbors helping them with projects such as (but not limited to) painting, light carpentry work, yard work and cleaning. Our purpose is to serve the needs in our community!
Who does Camp M*O*S*H help?
- There are so many people within our own community who just need a helping hand. Whether it be someone who just lost a job, suffering from a long illness, an elderly neighbor or maybe someone who is just feeling overwhelmed with life. We all need help at times. In addition, we also help non-profits right here in our community who rely on volunteers to keep their organization running. If you have a job that can be accomplished by teenagers, supervised by adults, maybe we can help.
- To apply for a project to be done fill out the "Work Request Form": CLICK HERE
Who can volunteer at Camp M*O*S*H?
- We welcome Ages that are incoming 7th graders & older. Adult Volunteers Needed for various jobs too.
- Note: All adults ages 18 & over working with youth must have a Virtus account & take the one time only online class "Protecting God's Children" & do the every 5 yrs. Background check. It is suggested to do this portion at least one month prior to the camp as it takes time to process accounts through the diocese of Joliet. Click here to initiate to open your account today! https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/ If you have questions about Virtus you can contact Sherry Denault at [email protected] or 815-933-8286 ext. 312 Before you fill out your Volunteer forms Please Join the Remind app and Text 81010 @ cmpMosh for daily important reminders.
- Adult Volunteer Job Positions: Lead Project Manager, Assistant Project mangers, scheduling, Head Kitchen & daily kitchen assistants, Checking-IN/Checking Out, Grounds & Clean up duty, assistant activities helpers, Music, Photographer, Marketing & Advertising/Finance, Compliance, administration/registration. (If you are interested in helping in any of these roles please contact Youth Minister- Carrie Rink at [email protected] OR 815-933-8286 ext. 335
- Registration for both YOUTH & ADULTS Volunteers: CLICK HERE
- YOUTH: Pay for MOSH HERE
- ADULT: Drivers Form- CLICK HERE
Cost: $15 (pays for T-shirt & drawstring bag)
- We start the day at 7:30 a.m. with Daily Mass, serve the campers breakfast, and have them make their own lunches (food donated) to bring to the work site. All other volunteers meet us at 8:30 a.m. to start the morning with prayer and a safety meeting. We work from 9:00 a.m. till 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday with Friday ending at 12pmish. (We will be outside and in the SUN all day so wear sunblock!) Transportation is provided to each work site. At 3pm we will have outdoor activities (MORE SUN), snacks, entertainment & dinner each night until about 6:30-7pm. (Parents & Parishioners are always invited to join in on the evening events & dinner!)
- What to pack daily? You will be given a drawstring bag to bring with you to camp each day to pack your reusable water bottle, cell phone, SUNBLOCK, hat, swim suit, towel, change of clothes. (water slides on campus so be prepared to get wet and have FUN!)
- View daily Itinerary: CLICK HERE (TBD)
How can you help?
- You can help by volunteering, donating, or by filling out a Work Request Form. Everyone benefits when you're involved with Camp MOSH!
- Monetary Donations: CLICK HERE
Past Testimonies of Appreciation
"I want to thank Camp MOSH and all it's participants who helped at my home. It was a hot day, but everything was accomplished. I truly appreciate the hard work that was done and hope the program continues. Please remember me next time you do MOSH". - Anonymous
"The Bourbonnais Grove Historical Society so appreciates the painted bench by Camp MOSH youth workers. The youth cleaned the Letourneau hone/museum and groomed our gardens, especially the daylily garden. Their bench sits under the black spruce tree canopy east of the daylily garden." - Bourbonnais Grove Historical Society.
"Camp Mosh is a wonderful program for the youth of the parish to learn the value of volunteering through helping others in need. Our grandchildren have participated in MOSH in recent years and have had many valuable experiences. Thank you for sponsoring such a great opportunity for our community." - Mr. & Mrs. O'Connor