As Catholics, we are called to plan ahead and share the blessings of our lives with our loved ones and future generations.
To help you be a steward of everything God has entrusted to your care, Maternity BVM Catholic Church is sharing a free, online will-writing tool.
It is cost-free!
There are more than 2,300 verses that deal with stewardship, generosity, and financial management in the Bible — The Bible talks more about generosity and money than any other topic, with the exception of Love. Creating a will, creating a legacy is a great act of love.
● Estate planning is the best way to pass on your values and your valuables. Protecting your faith and your assets at the same time!
● Nearly 70% of American adults don’t have an up-to-date legal will, and this free site makes it easy to protect the ones you love!
● God is the owner and sustainer of all things. All the blessings we have in this world are His, we are simply stewards. It’s our responsibility to make sure we are good stewards of those gifts and blessings. Creating a Will is one way to make sure we steward those blessings for generations to come.
● Through the FreeWill site you can choose to leave a gift to Maternity BVM Catholic Church -- making a bequest is a spiritual commitment to one’s values, faith convictions, and the desire to ensure the church is around to share our faith with future generations!
● We often talk about giving and serving to make sure people hear the Gospel -- but what if you could make a gift that ensured your faith was shared long after you’ve left this earth? Through the FreeWill site you can write a will, leave gifts to Kingdom minded initiatives, write your personal testimony and ensure that your faith is shared for generations to come.
● We’ve partnered with our friends at FreeWill.com to provide everyone in our community the opportunity to write their legal will at no personal cost.
● FreeWill’s online tool takes less than 20 minutes to complete, and is valid in all 50 states. It’s also totally free to use, no strings attached.
● FreeWill can be used with more complicated estates by creating a list of documented wishes that can be brought to an attorney, saving you time and money at the lawyer’s office.
● Since 2017, FreeWill has raised $3 billion and counting for nonprofits and has inspired more than 300,000 people to write their wills. With more than $68 trillion expected to
be passed on from the Boomer generation, wouldn’t it be great if we could ensure a portion of that money was going to fund Kingdom purposes?
● FreeWill also provides free tools to create an Advance Healthcare Directive and Durable Financial Power of Attorney, two important documents in estate planning.
● Visit FreeWill.com/DioceseofJoliet to get started today!