2019-2020 Maternity BVM Liturgical Calendar
First Fridays Eucharistic Adoration, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
First Mondays, October - May Taize Prayer, 7:00 p.m.
Aug. 15 (Thursday) Feast of the Assumption of Mary (Holy Day of obligation)
- 7:00 a.m. Mass
- 6:15 p.m. Mass
Nov. 1 (Friday) Feast of All Saints (Holy Day of Obligation)
- 7:00 a.m. Mass
- 1:30 p.m. School Mass
- 6:15 p.m. Mass
Nov. 2 (Saturday) Feast of All Souls
- 9:00 am Mass, Remembering our beloved dead
- Breakfast in the parish center to follow
Nov. 28 (Thursday) Thanksgiving Day (NOT a holy day of obligation)
- 9:00 a.m. Mass
Dec. 1 First Sunday of Advent
Monday Night Advent Prayers – From the Rich Traditions of our Church 7:00 p.m.
- Dec. 2 - Advent Taize Prayer
- Dec. 9 - Reconciliation with Holy Hour (with Marian hymns)
- Dec. 16 - Advent Vespers
Dec. 9 (Monday) Feast of Immaculate Conception of Mary (NOT a Holy Day of Obligation)
- 7:30 a.m. Mass (regular schedule) with music
Dec. 24 Christmas Eve (Tuesday) * Subject to change
- 3:30 p.m. Mass (Youth ensemble)
- 3:45 p.m in Parish Center (cantor/keyboard/clarinet)
- 12:00 p.m. (Midnight adult choir)
Dec. 25 Christmas Day (Wednesday)
Dec. 31 (Tuesday)
- 4:30 Mass
Jan. 1 (Wednesday) Solemnity of Mary/New Year’s Day (Holy Day of Obligation)
- 10:00 a.m. Mass
Jan. 5 (Sunday) Epiphany regular Sunday schedule
Jan. 26 (Sunday) Catholic Schools Week begins
Wedding Music Fair Feb. 23, 2020 - 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. (tentative date)
February 26 Ash Wednesday (not a holy day of obligation)
- 7:00 a.m. Mass with music and distribution of ashes
- 12:15 p.m. Noontime Prayer with distribution of ashes
- 1:30 p.m. School Liturgy of the Word with distribution of ashes
- 6:15 p.m. Liturgy of the Word, distribution of ashes in Gym (no music) for REP students & their parents
- 6:15 p.m. Liturgy of the Word with distribution of ashes (Church)
Fridays of Lent
- Eucharistic Adoration, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Stations of the Cross 7:00pm (begins March 6)
April 9-11 Triduum
- Holy Thursday 7:00 p.m. (adoration until 11:00pm)
- Good Friday Service 3:00 p.m.
- Good Friday Stations of the Cross 7:00 p.m.
- Easter Vigil 8:00 pm.
April 12 Easter Sunday
- 7:00 a.m.
- 8:30 a.m. (Children’s Choir)
- 10:00 a.m. (Adult Choir)
- 11:30 am. (Youth Ensemble)
May 24 Ascension
May 31 Pentecost
“YOUTH MASS” always at 11:00 a.m.
- Sept. 22 (Confirmation Enrollment)
- Oct. 27
- Dec. 1, 8, 15, 22 (Sundays of Advent)
- Jan. 25 (Saturday 4:30 pm Mass)
- Feb. 23 (Confirmation Retreat Mass ?)
- March 8
- April 5 (Palm Sunday)
- April 26 (Senior Blessing)
YLP (Youth Liturgy Planning) – 12:15 p.m. – 1:45 p..m Sundays (Parish Center)
- Sept. 15 (5:00-8:00 pm with pizza)
- October 20
- November 17 (Advent Planning)
- No meeting in December
- January 12
- February 9
- March 1
- April 19
Mustard Seeds Children’s Choir - 9:00 a.m. Mass, 1st Sunday of the Month (beginning Oct. 6)
(singers 2nd grade thru 4th grade)
BVM Parish Youth Choir - 9:00 Mass, 2nd Sunday of the Month (beginning Oct. 13)
(singers 5th & 6th grade)
Youth Ensemble - 11:00 youth Mass, once a month
(singers & instrumentalists 7th – 12th grade)
Young Adult Sing - 11:00 Mass, 2nd Sunday of the Month (Sept. - April) with adult choir
(singers & instrumentalists - 10:15 rehearse in Viator Hall Ages 18 – 35ish)
Sing for Joy - 3:00 pm 1st Sunday of the Month
- First Reconciliation Saturday, Jan. 25, 10:00 a.m.
- First Communion Sunday May 3, 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.
- Confirmation TBA
- Communal Reconciliation (Advent) Monday, Dec. 9, 7:00 pm
- Communal Reconciliation (Lent) Sunday, March 29, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Anointing of the Sick Wednesday, Nov. 6 11:00 a.m.
- RCIA Rite of Welcome TBA
- RCIA Rite of Election TBA
- RCIA Scrutiny TBA