June 11-12, 2022
Who can go on a Quest Retreat?
- Incoming Freshman & Sophomores. 2 day, 1 night Retreat for the Participants/Retreatants (June 11th-12th)
- NOTE: Leader Positions have been filled-Incoming Sophomores & Outgoing Sophomores. 3 day, 2 nights for the Leaders (June 10-12th) plus 3 Leader meetings before the actual retreat, see commitment dates below.
What is Quest?
- Quest is a two-day retreat for students in high school. On Quest, you will learn more about yourself, your relationships with family/friends, and your relationship with God. Students who have attended a previous Quest can lead by filling out an Application. Quest includes group discussions, games, prayer, and talks where teens and adults share their lives. Teens stay overnight at the LaSalle Manor Retreat Center in Plano, Illinois along with Adult Leaders/Chaperones.
- NOTE: Phones will not be utilized at all & placed in a tub at the beginning of the retreat and given back at the end of the retreat. Parents will be able to get a hold of their child through the Youth Minister for emergency situations or check-ins at anytime.
- A Remind Code for all communications is @ quest38; (Parents should join this Remind)
What Will It Be Like?
- Quest starts when participants leave MBVM Parish Offices/school parking lot at 8:30am on Saturday June 11th, 2022 and ends when they are dropped back off at the MBVM Parish Offices/school parking lot at approx. 7:00pm Sunday June 12th.
- Leaders will leave Friday June 10th, mid afternoon with Youth Minister (Carrie Rink and another adult chaperone)
What to Bring?
- Everyone is allowed to bring one bag of luggage/extra pillow, Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, etc.), Casual but modest clothes for 2 days, No short shorts, no belly shirts. Swim suit for on site pool, athletic wear is best. 1 Re-usable water bottle & a snack to share with the group. (Towels are provided at this retreat center.)
What is the COST? (Cost helps pay for the transportation/bus, Activity, Lodging & Food)
- Retreatants - $100.00 (Please make payment when registering) Deadline to register is May 21st
- Leaders - $50.00 (Payment will be accepted once your Actual Application is approved & Leader form is filled out, so your forms are a 2 step process) Deadline to Register is April 5th
Leader Meetings/Commitment Dates:
Leaders Join Remind for important messages from Carrie Rink: Quest38Leaders @b7267b
- April 10th:12:15pm-1:15pmpm- Pick Leadership Roles and Talks (Youth Group Room/Basement)
- May 15th: 10:15am-2pm- Practice Talks/Go over Itinerary/Rules (Youth Group Room/Basement)
- June 4th: 6-10pm- Team Leadership Building Party (Carrie Rink's House)
How to sign up:
- Leader Application: (incoming/outgoing Sophomores Only) June 10th-12th - CLICK HERE
- Registration: for Leaders & Retreatants - CLICK HERE
- To Pay Online: for Leaders & Retreatants - CLICK HERE
- Adult Chaperone Form: CLICK HERE
- Adult Driver Form: CLICK HERE
- Payment accepted via credit/debit card OR submit a check made payable to: Maternity BVM Catholic Church Youth Group- 308 E. Marsile St., Bourbonnais, IL 60914
(Financial assistance available, please contact Carrie Rink, We don't want anyone to not attend because of finance).
For more information call or text Carrie Rink at (815) 933-8285 ext. 335 or [email protected]