Saturday: 4:30 p.m.
Sunday: 7:15 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.
Mass will be celebrated on Thanksgiving Day at 9:00 a.m. Please join us!
(Closed between Noon -1:00 PM for lunch)
Our offices will be closed on Wednesday, November 22 through Friday, November 24th. We will reopen on Monday, November 27th. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Volunteers Needed for Hospitality Committee
If you have the gift of hospitality, we need you! We are looking fo warm & welcoming parishioners to form a newly developing Hospitality Committee here at Maternity If interested please contact Julie Worby at (815) 933-8285 ext. 115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MBVM Homebound Ministry Needs Volunteers
Help is needed! There are parishioners who are too ill to come to celebrate Mass and would like a visitor who would bring Communion to them. Please consider this ministry. Contact Sister Kathleen at (815) 933-8285 ext. 114.
Mass on Thanksgiving day will be celebrated at 9:00 am. The tradition at Maternity BVM has been to bring non-perishable food items to help stock our food pantry during the holiday season. The pantry is in need of cereal, instant oatmeal, beef stew and caned chicken, jelly, canned fruit, applesauce and pancake mix and syrup.
Altar of Remembrance
You are invited to bring a framed picture of your deceased loved one(s) to place on our "altar of remembrance". The altar will be created for prayer and remembrance of our beloved dead during the month of November. You can bring your framed photos to St. Viator's Hall. Please have your name and phone number on the back of the photo. You may pick up your pictures the weekend of December 2nd and 3rd.
NEW Young Adult Choir - Ages 18-25ish
The new Young Adult Choir will sing the first Saturday of the month at 4:30pm Mass at Maternity and rehearse at 3:30 p.m. prior to the 4:30 Mass. Please contact Chris Lord with questions. Invite friends! Chris Lord - 815-933-8285 ext. 133 or email@example.com.
Christmas Choirs will begin soon!
This is a wonderful time for those who cannot commit to weekly rehearsals, to sing with one of our choirs. Here at Maternity, we have a place in our music ministry for everyone! Find the group that meets your needs and talents. Rehearsals for Christmas choirs are only for 1 month.
- Adults who would like to sing at the Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve will begin rehearsing on Wednesdays, beginning Nov. 29 from 6:30-8:30pm in St. Viator Hall.
- Teens & Young Adults, who would like to sing (or play their instrument) at the 3:30pm Christmas Eve Mass, will rehearse on Saturday, Dec. 23, from 1-3:00pm in the choir loft.
- Youth Choir will have an additional rehearsals, Sunday, 10-10:30 in the choir loft on Dec. 17, and then sing with the youth ensemble at the 3:30pm Mass Christmas Eve)
- Tell your children when they come home from college to join us!
- Children, ages 5 – 10, who would like to sing at the 6:00pm Christmas Eve Mass, will rehearse on Sundays, beginning Nov. 26, following the 11:00 Mass, from 12:15 – 1:00, in Viator Hall.
- Instrumentalists, who have played for 2 years or more, and would like to play for Christmas, are also welcome to play any of the Christmas liturgies. Please email Chris Lord, firstname.lastname@example.org,, to discuss it with her.
- Children and Adult Singers, please call Chris Lord, 933-8285, ext. 133, or e-mail email@example.com, to let her know you are coming, and what group you will sing with, so she will have a music folder prepared for you.
Religious Education and Prayer for children and teens with special needs.The Parishes of Kankakee County have begun a Religious Education Program for children and teens with special needs. Come join us! There is NO COST for this program. Those with mild issues to severe disabilities are welcome. Please share with any families you think might benefit. Gathering Dates: October - January; the 1st Saturday of the month; 9:30 - 11:00 AM Place: St. Joseph Parish, Religious Education Center,207 S. Main, Manteno. Please RSVP your child’s name and age for planning purposes. Questions? Think you would like to help? Contact Maria Pallissard at 815-933-8285 ext 226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an ecumenical form of prayer modeled after the Taize community (an ecumenical Christian monastic community of brothers) founded in the 1940's by Br. roger in Taize, France. Taize will be offered on the first Friday of each month. (No Taize on November 3rd) Please come enjoy one hour of quiet, reflective, candle-lit prayer.
Interested in Becoming Catholic?
If you are interested in becoming Catholic, Inquiry, a program about becoming a member of the Catholic faith has started. Meetings are on Monday nights in the Parish L:ibrary. Questions? Please call Fr. Jason at 815-933-8285 ext 113 or email at email@example.com.
We are now providing our parishioners with a more convenient way to make your donations. Instead of writing a check and bringing an envelope to Mass each week, you can easily create your donation account online and make changes at anytime. Click on the "Give Online with WeShare" button and follow the prompts. Please note that if you currently give through the weekly envelopes, we will stop the weekly envelope delivery automatically. In addition, if you are part of our ACH (automatic deposit) program, you should call the parish office to find out how to stop the ACH before starting with online giving.