Helping families make the most of no sports, no school, no activities, and make
quality time for family and quality time for God, here are some links to quality Catholic Materials:
Looking for ways to enrich your spiritual and prayer life during these difficult times? We’ve partnered with the
Augustine Institute to provide you with 40 days of free FORMED access! Visit formed.org/signup, type in Faith at Home
and select our (arch)diocese!
Additional Resources to enhance your spiritual life
during this time at home
Living with Christ
Bible App for Kids - https://my.bible.com/kids
A Month of Dinnertime Questions
BLESSED - Dynamic Catholic
Lectionary – based: https://www.loyolapress.com/our-catholic-faith/liturgical-year/sunday-connection
5 Ways to a Stronger Family: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXCCg8zocTU
Matthew Kelly - https://www.mycatholicfaithdelivered.com/
Caring for Yourself
- Ready for some new home work outs? Check out the Fit Sheperds Home workouts
- Virtual Tours: Check out awesome museums around the world here and why not take a look at the Sistine Chapel at the Virtual Vatican Museum Tour ?
- Grotto Network: What better way to charge into a month of pandemic-induced social distancing than to start a self-care challenge? So for the next 30 days, let’s reorder, recover, and reflect. Download the 30-Day Self-Care Challege.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Taking Care of Your Emotional Health (website)
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Emotional Wellbeing During the Covid-19 Outbreak (link)
- Our Sunday Visitor: Seven Ways to Manage "COVID Stress Syndrome" (article)
- Grotto Network:Gives Me Hope Playlist ,
- Free Customizable Workout Plan (download)
Caring for Your Soul
- Online Daily MassEnglish, Spanish, Polish, Korean and Latin
- Pray-as-you-go: Pray As You Go is a daily prayer session app. Lasting between ten and thirteen minutes, it combines music, scripture and some questions for reflection. (website)
- Busted Halo: Keeping the Faith During the Time of Coronavirus: Psalms, Stations of the Cross and Mini-Retreats (website)
- Magnificat:As a service to the Church and to help the faithful sanctify their day, MAGNIFICAT has announced its decision to provide temporary complimentary access to its online versions of the daily prayer resource throughout the world, including in English: www.magnificat.com/free and Spanish: www.magnificat.com/gratis.
- Our Sunday Visitor: The why and How of making a Spiritual Communion (website)
- Maryknoll: Zoom Digital Prayer Community: Liturgy of the Hours and Lenten Reflections in English on Wednesdays and Fridays at 9am PT and 5pm PT. Bilingual Liturgy of the Word on Sundays at 9am PT.
Caring for Your Loved Ones
- FORMED Faith at Home. During these challenging times, parishioners in the Diocese of Joliet get complimentary access to FORMED for 40 days. (website) Create and account using: Faith At Home Joliet.
- Aleteia: 12 Catholic Movies to Watch during Social Distancing (article)
- Looking for extra coloring pages? The Vatican has FREE coloring books available for download from the Vatican Library Collections. Great for older kids in need of some detailed color-work!
- Franciscan Media: Meals offer a great opportunity to enjoy each other's company. Enjoy some of these recipes with your family. (website)
- Catholic Social Teaching: Care for the Vulnerable (pdf)
- How to adapt your party for the social distancing era? (article)
Updates and Resources from the Diocese of Joliet
- Updated Alert Regarding COVID-19 from Bishop Pates Read the Letter (PDF-English) (PDF-Spanish)
- For the latest updates and list of Live-Stream Masses in the Diocese of Joliet, click here.
- Fr. Burke Masters: Schedule
- Help with livestreaming: Facebook Live, YouTube, Zoom
- Faith on Facebook Toolkit