Renew - Be My Witness
RENEW—Be My Witness
WE WILL HOST SIGN UPS IN SEPTEMBER
Each weekend in September will be Sign-Up weekend
for you to join a small group here at Maternity!
We are excited to announce a new program here at Maternity called Be My Witness. This program draws its inspiration from Pope Francis’ landmark document on evangelization, The Joy of the Gospel. This program helps parish leaders view everything that we do through the lens of evangelization and then gets us praying, discussing and planning ways to center our parish on constant missionary outreach.
Be My Witness invites all parishioners to become partners in the New Evangelization using parish-based small groups - a proven way to encounter Christ, reawaken faith, and motivate missionary outreach. In this program, small group members explore key insights from The Joy of the Gospel and develop the attitudes and behaviors of missionary disciples.
This program has:
- 12-session Participant Book deepens understanding of the call to be evangelizers (6 weeks in the fall and 6 weeks during Lent)
- Companion video DVD presents real-life Catholic witness stories
- Scripture and prayer offer a rich spiritual foundation
- Recommended action steps encourage living and reaching out as Christ's missionary disciples.
When you join a small group, you will meet with your group for 6 weeks in the fall, and 6 weeks during Lent. That's all the commitment needed, but
"In all its activities, the parish encourages and trains its members to be evangelizers. It is a community of communities...and a center of constant missionary outreach"
- Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel.
If you are interested in hosting a small group in your home, nor at a local coffee shop, please contact Julie Worby at Jworby@mbvm.org or (815) 933-8285 ext. 115. Small Group Leader Training will be held on Tuesday, September 11th.